These are not in any order, at all, and I see this list as a work in progress. I have no actual deadline for this list, other than, obviously, hoping to do each of these things before I die. I want to do these things over my lifetime... however long that may be.
Last Updated 9/15/2013.
Have a beautiful wedding to the love of my life.(May 10th, 2008) ✓
- Go skydiving.
- Go scuba diving.
- Write a book.
- Write a screenplay.
Own a yellow labrador.(Love my Sadie girl.) ✓
- Own a chocolate labrador.
- Own a bassett hound.
- Own a beagle.
- Take in and train a puppy as a seeing eye dog.
- Buy and restore a '65 Ford Mustang.
- Help husband with restoration and/or customization of a Jeep Wrangler, (any year model).
Vacation in Germany/Austria.(June 2005) ✓ Vacation in Switzerland.(June 2005) ✓ Vacation in Italy.(June 2005) ✓ Vacation in France.(June 2005) ✓ Vacation in England.(July 2005) ✓
- Revisit/vacation in France with mama.
- Revisit/vacation in all of the aforementioned (#12 - 16) with husband.
- Vacation in Prague with husband.
- Vacation in Greece.
- Vacation in Ireland.
- Vacation in Australia.
- Disneyland - as family.
- Disney World - as family.
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- See a Centre Court match at Wimbledon.
- Shop at the Portobello Road Market.
- See the Tour de France in person.
- Stay at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
Dye hair red.(October 2010, October 2012) ✓
- Dye hair black.
Dye hairbrown .(December 2010) ✓ Pierce my nose.(October 2007 - and I miss it all the time.) ✓ Texas State Fair.(Been twice! October 2009, October 2010) ✓
Austin City Limits . (September 2006) ✓
- Finish my degree. In anything, just finish it. * (In the works, started back to school 8/2012.)
Learn my Mom's infamous recipe for margaritas.(April 2012. Damn, that was easy.)✓
- Learn to speak Spanish fluently. *(This has pretty much been "in progress" since my first Spanish class in the 6th grade... 14 years ago.)
- Learn to speak basic, conversational French.
- Learn to use Adobe Illustrator.
- Learn to use Adobe Photoshop. *
- Take a pottery class.
- Take more photography classes.
- Grow a vegetable garden.
- Grow a lemon tree.
- Grow an apricot tree
- Learn and make Grams's recipe for apricot jam.
Cook and learn 3 Julia Child recipes.(2010, Beouf Bourguigon, Brown Braised Pearl Onions, & Le Glorieux, among others.) ✓
- Learn to jumpstart a car.
- Take a kickboxing class.
See Nine Inch Nails live in concert.(Twice - May 28th, 2005 & November 11th, 2013) ✓
- See Ryan Adams live in concert.
- Eat at a Michelin-starred restaurant.
Get a second [more meaningful] tattoo.(August 2012 - i carry your heart wrist tat) ✓
- Make homemade ice cream.
- Throw my parents an anniversary party.
- Make scrapbooks for my kids through at least age 2. *
- Renovate and make a home for our family.
- Play tennis regularly again; join a local league.
- Read all six of Jane Austen's novels. *(
Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion)
- Read all of Shakespeare's works. *(Romeo & Juliet... hey, it's a start.)
- Make a t-shirt blanket of our old high school and college tshirts. *
- Play with baby tigers and/or lions for a day.
- Ride on the back of an elephant.
- Take a hot air balloon ride.
- Take swing dance lessons.
- Learn Aunt Andy's two-fingered whistle. (That's right… I've always wanted to learn to whistle with two fingers.)
Have two children or more.(Parker - 10/2008, August - 8/2011) ✓ Donate 10 or more inches of hair to Locks of Love.(May 2007) ✓
- Go vegetarian for one month, to see how it makes me feel. * (Attempted May 2012 - made it 17 days... Going to try again!)
Eliminate processed sugar for one month.(January & February 2012) ✓
- Learn printmaking.
Try 7 new, non-chain restaurants in one year.✓ (In 2012: Mason/Myle, Crust, Cafe Italia, Tabla, L&J's Cafe, Star City, & Pelican's.)
- Go ice skating in Central Park at Christmastime.
- Save at least 3 months worth of income, and put it in a savings account.
- Learn and be able to identify 20 constellations.
- Send a care package to a soldier.
Take newborn photos of our babies ourselves.(Both at 9 days old.) ✓
- Take an old-timey, dressed up western photo with a large group of friends. (example)
- Write a "if anything ever happens to me" letter to my kids, husband, parents.
- Plant a time capsule with my kids.
Open a etsy shop of finds, curiosities and handmade items.(Officially opened August 5th, 2012.) ✓ Open a savings account and put $25 in it for each of these items completed.(Opened in January 2012.) ✓ Run in a 5K.(February 24th, 2012 - El Paso Marathon, Half & 5K) ✓ Run in the Color Run.(September 15th, 2013) ✓
- Run in the Glow Run, (or similar race).
- Run in a 10K.
* = things in progress
✓ = goals completed